_DONTWAIT is used with the SHELL statement in QB64 to specify that the program shouldn't wait until the external command/program is finished (which it otherwise does by default).
- SHELL [_DONTWAIT] [commandLine$]
- Runs the command/program specified in commandline$ and lets the calling program continue at the same time in its current screen format.
- Especially useful when CMD /C or START is used in a SHELL command line to run another program.
- QB64 automatically uses CMD /C or COMMAND /C when using SHELL.
- QB64 program screens will not get distorted or minimized like Qbasic fullscreen modes would.
(opens up notepad at the same time as counting to 5)
1 2 3 4 5