Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 19:30, 11 February 2011 by
The DEFSNG statement defines all designated undefined variables AS SINGLE variables.
Syntax: DEFSNG firstletters
- The variable first letters can be from A-Z or any other range.
- You can also use commas for specific untyped variable first letters.
- Variables DIMensioned as another variable type or that use type suffixes are not defined otherwise.
- DEFSNG is normally the Qbasic default assignment for undefined variables anyhow.
- Qbasic's IDE may add DEF statements before any SUB or FUNCTION. QB64 will change all variable types in subsequent sub-procedures to that default variable type without giving a "Parameter Type Mismatch" warning! If you do not want that to occur, either remove that DEF statement or add the proper type statements to subsequent procedures.
Example: DEFSNG A-D, S