Jump to navigation Jump to search
- KILL fileSpec$
- fileSpec$ is a literal or variable string path and filename. Wildcards * and ? can be used with caution.
- * denotes one or more wildcard letters of a name or extension
- ? denotes one wildcard letter of a name or extension
- fileSpec$ can include a path that can be either relative to the program's current location or absolute, from the root drive.
- KILL cannot remove an OPEN file. The program must CLOSE it first.
- If the path or file does not exist, a "File not found" or "Path not found" error will result. See _FILEEXISTS.
- SHELL "DEL /Q " + fileName$ does the same without a prompt or verification for wildcard deletions.
- SHELL "DEL /P " + fileName$ will ask for user verification.
- Cannot delete folders or directories. Use RMDIR to remove empty folders.
- Warning: files deleted with KILL will not go to the Recycle Bin and they cannot be restored.