Jump to navigation Jump to search
- _MEMPUT memoryBlock, bytePosition, sourceVariable [AS type]
- memoryBlock is a _MEM variable type memory block name created by _MEMNEW or the _MEM function.
- bytePosition is the memoryBlock.OFFSET start position plus any bytes needed to read specific values.
- The sourceVariable type designates the size and bytePosition it should be written to. It can be a variable, array or user defined type.
- bytePosition can be converted AS a specific variable type before being written to the memoryBlock as bytes.
- The _MEMPUT statement is similar to the PUT file statement, but bytePosition is required.
- The memoryBlock.OFFSET returns the starting byte position of the block. Add bytes to move into the block.
- The variable type held in the memory block can determine the next byte position to write a value.
- LEN can be used to determine the byte size of numerical or user defined variable types regardless of the value held.
- STRING values should be of a defined length. Variable length strings can actually move around in memory and not be found.
DIM o AS _MEM o = _MEM(d&) _MEMPUT o, o.OFFSET + 1, 3 AS _UNSIGNED _BYTE 'POKE v = _MEMGET(o, o.OFFSET + 1, _UNSIGNED _BYTE) 'PEEK PRINT v 'prints 3 PRINT d& 'print 768 because the 2nd byte of d& has been set to 3 or 3 * 256