Jump to navigation Jump to search
The * mathematical operator performs the multiplication of two values.
- return_value = number1 * number2
- Multiplication can use any two literal or variable numerical type values.
- Multiplication of two negative numbers returns a positive result. One negative number will always return a negative value.
- Return values may exceed certain numerical variable type limits creating an "Overflow" error.
- Division and multiplication operations are performed before addition and subtraction in QBasic's order of operations.