Author Topic: Bonjour.  (Read 236 times)

Bonjour.
« on: February 21, 2018, 09:53:35 PM »
Hello,

As many of you disappointed not being able to use the official forum for a while, I am very happy to register on this new forum (at least for me) to share some experiences and find help and serenity using QB64, InForm and vWATCH.

As usual, I'll always be more in demand than in response and I hope you don't get bored with my questions soon. :)

I also hope to bring you some of my experience to develop further both QB64 and InForm and vWATCH with suggestions.

And your critics will always be welcome.

As my first participation, I rewrote today a new multilingual (English, French, German, Portuguese and Russian) installation script for QB64, InForm and vWATCH all together and just in a few clicks using the last stable releases of these three tools from here (qb64.org).

Thanx to Fellippe and flukiluke for their help.

Using this script, you'll also be able to use the command line with the -x and -o switches from any terminal session without being obliged to be into the QB64 folder (like  any standard de facto compiler: e.g. gcc, g++, etc.).

Finally, the script also allows you to cleanly uninstall this complete package (you'll be prompted to save your files).

You can get it here: http://www.as2.com/qb64

Last but not least, I'm French (I know, nobody's perfect). Then, I may sometimes use unusual or unclear wordings. So, don't hesitate to correct my English that I don't practice enough anymore.

Have a wonderful day.
Fifi.
It's better to look like an idiot for a short time while asking something obvious to an expert than pretending to be smart all your life. (C) Me.

Offline Pete

• Cuz I sez so, varmint!
Re: Bonjour.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 11:16:30 PM »
Glad you found your way over.

"Last but not least, I'm French (I know, nobody's perfect). Then, I may sometimes use unusual or unclear wordings. So, don't hesitate to correct my English that I don't practice enough anymore."

Well, at least you're not Eastern European!

Maybe you can help us uncrate this place. It has no polls, no font-sizes, and worst of all... no  smilies!

Pete

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 09:39:12 AM »
Hi Pete,

Glad you found your way over.

Thanx for your welcome.

Well, at least you're not Eastern European!

No, I'm not, but I do appreciate wonderful blond Eastern European women. ;)

Maybe you can help us uncrate this place. It has no polls, no font-sizes, and worst of all... no  smilies!

Like you i don't like too much the current functional poverty of this forum but at least it's better than nothing.

However, if the official forum doesn't come back (who knows and when), let's bet we'll see improvements here to become the standard de facto place to talk and share stuffs with regard to QB64, InForm and WATCH as well as many other programs.

BTW, for now this place seems very quiet.

Cheers.
Fifi
It's better to look like an idiot for a short time while asking something obvious to an expert than pretending to be smart all your life. (C) Me.

Offline bplus

• B = B + geberation
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 10:28:46 AM »
Hi Fifi,

I think you are new here?

I'd say Welcome but maybe you have more posts?

Oh yeah, Welcome to the org!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 10:31:17 AM by bplus »
B = B + ...

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 02:00:53 PM »
Hi bplus,

Hi Fifi,

I think you are new here?

I'd say Welcome but maybe you have more posts?

Oh yeah, Welcome to the org!

Thanx for your Welcome.

Yes, I'm a true newbee here, but I'm also on the IRC #qb64 channel with the same name "Fifi" (that's just my shorten first name for Philippe) as well as on qb64.net (thanx to Galleon, when / if it's up) mainly into the sub section dedicated to G-WAN (I'll be back here for this very specific item later on a separate post with the complete story).

I may have another pseudo (nikename) Fnux (for "F" ifi on Li "nux") but mainly on other Linux dedicated fora when my shorten first name wasn't available when I registered.

BTW, I also try to have my avatar always the same (when it's possible to upload it).

Now, if this forum stays up and stands really dedicated to QB64, InForm and vWATCH (as well as other related products / programs / games), since  it's mainly managed by the team members working hardly on these products, I guess it's the best place to post enhancement proposals / requests, isn't it?

If yes to the question above, I'll be back soon.

Just one thing: I propose (Hey Pete: without poll right now - lol) a section for the presentation of each member. That would be interesting to know each other better (who we are, who does what, why, when, specific interests, hobbies, kind of involvement into the products, etc.) all in the same section.

Usually, with any forum, this is where you must first post prior to ask anything and I think it's a nice way to enter in contact, isn't it?

Cheers.
Fifi

Offline Pete

• Cuz I sez so, varmint!
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 02:17:54 PM »
Yeah, he shops at the same Loony Toon store I do. Can yaz tell, varmint?

Pete

oooo$$$$$$$$$$$$oooo
                      oo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$o
                   oo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$o         o$   $$ o$
   o $ oo        o$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$o       $$ $$ $$o$
oo $ $ "$      o$$$$$$$$$    $$$$$$$$$$$$$    $$$$$$$$$o       $$$o$$o$
"$$$$$$o$     o$$$$$$$$$      $$$$$$$$$$$      $$$$$$$$$$o    $$$$$$$$
  $$$$$$$    $$$$$$$$$$$      $$$$$$$$$$$      $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$    $$$$$$$$$$$$$    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$  """$$$
   "$$$""""$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$     "$$$
    $$$   o$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$     "$$$o
   o$$"   $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$       $$$o
   $$$    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$" "$$$$$$ooooo$$$$o
  o$$$oooo$$$$$  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$   o$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  $$$$$$$$"$$$$   $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$     $$$$""""""""
 """"       $$$$    "$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$"      o$$$
            "$$$o     """$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$"$$"         $$$
              $$$o          "$$""$$$$$$""""           o$$$
               $$$$o                                o$$$"
                "$$$$o      o$$$$$$o"$$$$o        o$$$$
                  "$$$$$oo     ""$$$$o$$$$$o   o$$$$""
                     ""$$$$$oooo  "$$$o$$$$$$$$$"""
                        ""$$$$$$$oo $$$$$$$$$$
                                """"$$$$$$$$$$$
                                    $$$$$$$$$$$$
                                     $$$$$$$$$$"
                                      "$$$""""

Offline bplus

• B = B + geberation
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 02:24:35 PM »
Hey Fifi, nice idea about little auto bios on forum members.
B = B + ...