Author Topic: .net is down again  (Read 868 times)

Offline keybone

• My name a Nursultan Tulyakbay. I get iPod Mini!
Re: .net is down again
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2018, 03:32:26 PM »
It's about time somebody knocked the dust off this place! Now get busy and clean up all the cob-web pages!

Glad you decided to come back and stay up. It makes sense for a number of reasons. A few of you are the active developers now, and having control of the site you post your work on should be a greater need than to rely on a site that was kept up with only passive involvement.

Best wishes going forward.

Pete

The passive involvement on the part of Galleon, is definately a good reason to keep this forum up.
Since at this point the .net forums are going down multiple times a year, it only makes sense to have a backup and keep it running.
My neighbor Borat he a pain in my assholes. I get a window from a glass, he get a window from a glass. I get a step, he must get a step. He get clock radio I cannot afford!

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2018, 02:32:34 PM »
Hi all,

First, I don't want this post being considered as any kind of critic about Galleon dedication to both QB64 and qb64.net!

Now, for any reason (technical, financial, available time, whatever), qb64.net is more and more often down and doesn't show up again quickly. That's only a fact.

So could this forum (qb64.org) become a full "backup" of the official one contents and could it possible to have this done automatically, let's say once a day with an automatic procedure grabbing only the new posts (of course, the first time would request a complete backup)?

I think such a pacific but real and nice coexistence would drive more users here as well protect their interest int QB64 and its complete "family" of related products, add ons, etc.

What do you thing?

Cheers.
Fifi
It's better to look like an idiot for a short time while asking something obvious to an expert than pretending to be smart all your life. (C) Me.

Offline Pete

• Cuz I sez so, varmint!
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2018, 03:02:57 PM »
Actually, I wish Fell would just ask Rob to be put in charge of the .Net forum. All Rob would have to do is share the password, simple.

If the boards are both SMS, or whatever it's called, the database from one could be uploaded to the other. A mirror site. I doubt if this configuration would make that easy, or maybe not even possible.

Time consuming but useful would be to have the code snippets, libraries, etc. archived and available on this site.

Barring the above, .org will just have to take time to grow. If/when .Net comes back up, maybe people will take the time to post projects on both?

Pete
|---------------|
|     _   _     |
|    (_) (_)    |
|      <        |
|   [\_____/]   |
|       U       |
|---------------|

Offline bplus

• B = B + geberation
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2018, 11:35:35 AM »
Sunday May 27, 2018 Again?

Oh yeah! The wiki from ORG still works!  :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 12:02:44 PM by bplus »
B = B + ...

Online FellippeHeitor

• QB64 Developer
  • LET IT = BE
    • QB64.org
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2018, 12:11:34 PM »
The wiki here will remain active just like this forum, for as long as we're around.

Offline Pete

• Cuz I sez so, varmint!
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2018, 01:49:07 PM »
And the award for "Last Forum Standing" goes to...

With N54 QB Forum down, to what I presume is a choppy "migration" to Tapatalk, and QB64.net down again, I'm glad I nudged you guys to leave this place up.

Pete

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2018, 02:29:42 PM »
Galleon did not disappoint and followed the quarterly tradition.
Coding is relax (At least sometimes)

Offline bplus

• B = B + geberation
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2018, 11:06:41 AM »
I am wondering if anyone sent Galleon an email or wake up call.
B = B + ...

Online FellippeHeitor

• QB64 Developer
  • LET IT = BE
    • QB64.org
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2018, 11:08:26 AM »
I've sent a few. Everyone's invited: galleondragon@gmail.com

Offline bplus

• B = B + geberation
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2018, 11:48:47 AM »
Um... who is doing the inviting? :)

Update: OK my email has been sent. /\
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 02:46:46 PM by bplus »
B = B + ...

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2018, 08:43:46 PM »
And the award for "Last Forum Standing" goes to...

With N54 QB Forum down, to what I presume is a choppy "migration" to Tapatalk, and QB64.net down again, I'm glad I nudged you guys to leave this place up.

Pete

Pete's Qbasic Site is still up!

Offline bplus

• B = B + geberation
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2018, 10:09:46 PM »
Interesting, I've seen some of those names around at other sites. Bookmarked! Thanks
B = B + ...

Online FellippeHeitor

• QB64 Developer
  • LET IT = BE
    • QB64.org
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2018, 07:34:17 PM »
I finally got a reply from Galleon, he's alive.

We're probably getting a backup copy of .net's forum to host for historical purposes soon.

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2018, 08:12:08 AM »
I finally got a reply from Galleon, he's alive.

We're probably getting a backup copy of .net's forum to host for historical purposes soon.

...which implies that he's not going to be bringing the .net fora back up. Is the same true of the wiki?

Online FellippeHeitor

• QB64 Developer
  • LET IT = BE
    • QB64.org
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2018, 08:37:12 AM »
The wiki is already at www.qb64.org/wiki