Author Topic: Variable Type Double Has Incorrect Colouring in IDE  (Read 662 times)

Variable Type Double Has Incorrect Colouring in IDE
« on: August 14, 2018, 06:11:48 AM »
I noticed that a variable type double has incorrect colouring in the IDE (the characters before the exponent "D" are incorrect).  It's a small fault, but could be corrected?  I use 1.200, so if this has been amended in updates since, I apologise.

Richard

Offline FellippeHeitor

• QB64 Developer
  • LET IT = BE
    • QB64.org
Re: Variable Type Double Has Incorrect Colouring in IDE
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 07:46:14 AM »
Thanks for reporting, Richard.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 09:12:03 AM »
Just in case it would not be obvious, I have also found the same thing happens with a Single Variable with exponentiation (where 'E' is used instead of 'D') - I had thought previously that the fault was because of the 'D'.

Offline FellippeHeitor

• QB64 Developer
  • LET IT = BE
    • QB64.org
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 12:57:48 PM »
Honestly it never occurred to me that someone would write that type of notation in code; I'd only have expected it to show as a result of calculations. That means the syntax highlighter isn't failing to recognize that case; it simply has never been programmed to do so, and I'll tackle that in the next release, hopefully.

Thanks again for the report.

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 06:08:22 AM »
Just another odd IDE behaviour.  Where the Line Continuation Underscore is used, the block of text does not get properly formatted.  This is only a visual phenomenon.  The coding works entirely properly.  In the example, the commas and spaces are not as normal.

Richard

Offline FellippeHeitor

• QB64 Developer
  • LET IT = BE
    • QB64.org
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 07:33:15 AM »
It is by design.

In qb64.bas you’ll find:

Code: [Select]
IF linecontinuation THEN layout$ = ""
Which intends as elsewhere in the code described:

Code: [Select]
linecontinuation = 1 'avoids auto-format glitches
I recommend breaking the line after having written it whole first, so auto-formatting can take place.