Author Topic: Chess by Richard Frost  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Qwerkey

• Forum Resident
Chess by Richard Frost
« on: June 05, 2020, 04:46:40 AM »
Chess

Author: @Richard Frost
Source: qb64.org Forum
URL: https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php?topic=2437.0
Version: June 3, 2020
Tags: [Graphics], [2D], [AI], [Skill]

Description:
Chess Program that plays legally.  Crappy endgame, since the rules I've given it are simple.  Pretty challenging for midgame thought.  Most of the code is for graphics - the pieces themselves, the plasma effect, etc., and for configuration and showing the thinking, file playback, etc.   Hard to believe a chess program  was done in under 1K, twice!

Controls:
Mouse and Keyboard

Offline bplus

• Forum Resident
  • What could possibly go wrong?
Re: Chess by Richard Frost
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 11:55:08 AM »
Richard has an 9 month update for us! (Oh, I just got that one too! ha, ha)

232 KB .bas and 6.26 MB CHESSDAT Folder (see attached!)

Please follow Richard's life mission and passion here:
 https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php?topic=2437.0
Where I hope he will describe the significant changes and additions that he has made. And I hope you all will support with good feedback for him.

Hey! @Richard Frost  I just noticed the closeness of words Cheese and Chess ;-))

(Note to other Librarians: I am posting this as reply to get Blackjack off the top of Games, it's embarrassing.)

To all members in good standing of this forum, feel free to nudge me, bplus, in PM if you see something noteworthy from another member that should be added to Games or Samples Gallery, I insist on some consensus by other members of good standing and refuse to put anything up because I alone think so, unless I really, really... (enough reallys to overcome my own laziness) think so!

PS I am missing nudges from @Qwerkey and afraid to bother him.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 02:56:55 PM by bplus »