Author Topic: Nice look to the new-ish Samples Gallery.  (Read 110 times)

Offline Pete

• Cuz I sez so, varmint!
Nice look to the new-ish Samples Gallery.
« on: June 03, 2018, 01:33:39 AM »
Since the Grammar Police are on temporary leave from the migrating N54 QBasic Forum, they did issue a citation for...

"If you'll excuse the pun in the name, QED is stands for QB64 Editor..."

The "is" should be removed. Hey the Samples Section looks so good, it might as well be polished where needed.

Now place your bets. Which will resurface first, QB64.net or the new Tapatalk hosted QBasic Forum?

Pete

Offline bplus

• B = B + geberation
Re: Nice look to the new-ish Samples Gallery.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 11:50:46 AM »
Interesting bet, I was going to say the new Tapatalk hosted forum because more people might be working on it.

But are they being paid by the hour or the quality of the job or the swiftness of completion, are they being paid?

Are they a they? ;-))
B = B + ...

Offline Pete

• Cuz I sez so, varmint!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 02:21:45 PM »
Are they a they? Ancient alien astronaut theorist say yes...

But I say Steve from Network54 just sold the whole kit and caboodle to his kid, who works out of the basement. Mom, quit bitchin' at me! I'm trying to up the QBasic Forum!

mennonite went ballistic when he heard Network54 was "selling" its forum service to Tapatalk. Apparently Tapatalk buys up a lot of these N54 type accounts and migrates them to their Tapatalk format.

I look at it as a win either way. N54QBAsic Forum would not be easy for me to transfer to a modern forum board, so if Tapatalk can pull it off, great. That means the history of the forum lives on. All those great political rants in the Community forum get to be made public again, and oh yeah, there's even some worthwhile programs, I've heard tales about, lurking in some "programming" sub-forum that is said to have existed and which same some people might find useful. :D

I have had the forum backed up since mid-Febuary but I doubt I'd get around to upping all those thousands of pages in HTML format anytime soon. Anyway, that would just be for historical reference. I even further doubt I would ever establish a new forum board because QB64 forums have that covered, nicely.

So place your bets, and we'll see how this whole thing pans out.

Pete

Online FellippeHeitor

• QB64 Developer
  • LET IT = BE
    • QB64.org
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 07:14:32 PM »
The "is" should be removed. Hey the Samples Section looks so good, it might as well be polished where needed.

Thanks for spotting it Pete.

The samples gallery we were organizing at the home page is actually intended to be replaced by the board of the same name you can find at https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php?board=8.0

I have had the forum backed up since mid-Febuary
All is not lost then, good to hear.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 07:17:59 PM by FellippeHeitor »