Author Topic: N54's Forum and QB64  (Read 234 times)

N54's Forum and QB64
« on: April 21, 2018, 03:28:41 PM »
I suppose for a while now this place has been the standard gathering place for qb'ers. I missed that transition and also didn't know up until now that the n54 forums were dead. I want to thank Pete for taking good care of it for as long as he has. Lately (past 10 years?) I've mostly been an off-and-on lurker but it's still sad to see it go. Just wanted to say hi to everyone, I've subscribed here and will lurk a bit as well :)

If anyone ever wants to make a front end for qb64 atop LLVM let me know, I can probably help with design, ideas and issues. I hear some people (b+ and fell?) were working on a translator, if you want someone to toss ideas at, I can probably help as well.

Coding outside my day job had been difficult of late. Having a 2-year at home is too awesome for me to spend even more time coding ;)

I don't know who is present here as well, but a big salute to qb.com's old timers. And hope to seeing your faces around here. Feel free to send emails :)

Offline FellippeHeitor

• QB64 Developer
  • LET IT = BE
    • QB64.org
Re: N54's Forum and QB64
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 06:21:18 PM »
Welcome aboard, Lucas!

The official forum at qb64.net is still up and we used to set this one as active every time Rob's server would go down. Last time it happened we decided to leave it up for good, so we keep lurking here and there.

You mention the death of N54's forums but they are still up although they were (or are still being?) migrated to another platform. You mean you haven't been able to reach it? Pete's around here too anyway so we can clear that up.

I do have a simple interpreter for QB64 code, still in its infancy, that's probably what you meant right?

Good to have you with us (read it with Donald Duck's voice... fun video btw!)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 06:32:52 PM by FellippeHeitor »

Offline Pete

• Cuz I sez so, varmint!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 03:38:11 AM »
Did you shoot yourself in the foot with a blow dart again?

http://www.network54.com/Index/10167

Squirt some Bactine on it visit the link above. It's still there and as for the transition, beats me. It should have happened a month ago and yet we are still hosted on N54.

Anyway, good to see you here. If you have any trouble posting at the N54 forum, let me know in this thread. You will need to be logged in to your N54 account to post. That is something I did change. "R" Group only can make posts and I recall you were/are an "R" Group member from way back.

Pete

PS: Always remember, It goes...

1) Inhale
2) Load dart
3) Exhale

Getting 1 and 2 confused can cause serious respiratory problems.

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 11:20:06 AM »
Damn you, Pete! I already told you. That only happened once! Ok, maybe twice. Every other Tuesday is more accurate, but you get my point.

Yeah I had tried to post and it told me I needed to register. And that once registered I'd have power to post on subgroups but not in the main one. Perhaps I read it wrong, though. But seeing that the later posts were from around Feb 20th, I supposed it was already frozen. Now I see a few March ones as well. I suppose I was in shock from all the migration and tapatalk conversations. 😮

Glad to know I'm R-rated. Always thought I was over PG-13, but didn't know exactly how I classified. I suppose that's because of the indigenous clothing and all. I have to say, dressing up like this is refreshing.

As for the interpreter, nice! I just checked it out. What's the end game there? 😀

And don't get me started on the duck (I thought that video was private 😂)

Offline FellippeHeitor

• QB64 Developer
  • LET IT = BE
    • QB64.org
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 11:42:43 AM »
As for the interpreter, nice! I just checked it out. What's the end game there? 😀

I was just having fun. Made it public so it's not dead/unreachable.

Well, it's just there!

Offline bplus

• B = B + geberation
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 01:57:56 PM »
Damn you, Pete! I already told you. That only happened once! Ok, maybe twice. Every other Tuesday is more accurate, but you get my point.

Yeah I had tried to post and it told me I needed to register. And that once registered I'd have power to post on subgroups but not in the main one. Perhaps I read it wrong, though. But seeing that the later posts were from around Feb 20th, I supposed it was already frozen. Now I see a few March ones as well. I suppose I was in shock from all the migration and tapatalk conversations. 😮

Glad to know I'm R-rated. Always thought I was over PG-13, but didn't know exactly how I classified. I suppose that's because of the indigenous clothing and all. I have to say, dressing up like this is refreshing.

😮 Hey look? How come Pete didn't notice? 😀

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 02:02:24 PM by bplus »
B = B + ...

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 03:18:35 PM »

I was just having fun. Made it public so it's not dead/unreachable.

Well, it's just there!

Don't worry,that was more of an :O moment, than a complaint. I'll just leave it there anyways :)

Offline FellippeHeitor

• QB64 Developer
  • LET IT = BE
    • QB64.org
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 03:24:05 PM »
😮 Hey look? How come Pete didn't notice? 😀

🤫🤐👀

Offline Pete

• Cuz I sez so, varmint!
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2018, 04:27:35 PM »