Author Topic: Hey to any bots out there lurking?  (Read 408 times)

Offline bplus

• B = B + geberation
Hey to any bots out there lurking?
« on: February 25, 2018, 01:20:45 AM »
Well I am testing Bot awareness.

So ClassicBot97, can you pick up mods as well?

« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 01:22:39 AM by bplus »
B = B + ...

Offline bplus

• B = B + geberation
Re: Hey to any bots out there lurking?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 01:26:25 AM »
OK ClassicBot97, up for some arithmetic?

#= 2 + 2
B = B + ...

Offline bplus

• B = B + geberation
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 01:36:10 AM »
#=4/0
B = B + ...

Offline bplus

• B = B + geberation
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 01:39:53 AM »
Silly rabbit, it's undefined, you should have listened to manBot.
B = B + ...

Offline Pete

• Cuz I sez so, varmint!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 04:10:39 AM »
bot-a-boom bot-a bing!

Offline bplus

• B = B + geberation
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 09:18:19 AM »
Shout out to The_Bank
B = B + ...

Offline bplus

• B = B + geberation
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 09:39:53 AM »
Welcome CodeHunter to the org!

And thanks for all your help at QB64's IRC!

Norby Bible: random verse
B = B + ...

Offline bplus

• B = B + geberation
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 09:42:55 AM »
Norby's not up yet.
B = B + ...

Offline Pete

• Cuz I sez so, varmint!
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 12:51:58 PM »
That's because it's Sunday. The little botstard's taking the day off. I hate that Bible bot. It feels like an exorcism every time I'm in chat. It burns!

Pete :D

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 01:03:30 PM »
No need to be so hostile.

Norby (The Bible Bot you are refering to) is offline for updates and also because he now has his own room.

His new role will be dual:
1) in QB64 channel he will be replying only to QB64 related queries
2) All Bible queries in his dedicated room.

The room(s) gets totally filled with text and this can be quite distracting and annoying, especially to those that uses text-to-speech software with IRC.

My Bot started out with just QB64 in mind and then spread out to include a card trick and the Bible.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 04:51:52 AM by odin »

Offline bplus

• B = B + geberation
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 01:44:15 PM »
Oh yeah, hey it's not all bot! :D
B = B + ...

Offline Pete

• Cuz I sez so, varmint!
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 02:11:02 PM »
LOL @ Hostile.

This is why we need emoticons around here. Apparently, :D doesn't give the joking impression as well as a big yellow grinning smiley. These are the kind of oversights that lead to world wars, the collapse of societies, dogs and cats sleeping together, etc. :D

So on a serious note, I actually owe a few of you in chat an apology. I was putting together a QB64 screen reader bot, called bot-a-bing an testing it in chat. I had a few exclusion loops to work out but while it was buggie, that little bot got down right annoying, repeating itself way too often. So much so, Luke came along and gave bota-bing the bot-a-boot. Kicked off the channel, which bot-a-blew.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but IRC has an ignore feature, right? That would have been a nice feature at my N54 chat room. Many years ago, we had a young programmer who made a comedy bot, but it was awful. I mean granted, he kept refining it, but there was no ignore feature to deal with the development phase. I asked a friend yesterday if he could remember what that bot was named, and he told me he had blocked the whole tie period out of his memory forever. It was that bad!

I'll just assume you are the guy who made this Bible bot, right? If so, kudos on putting a script together, that must have been fun. I just cheated a way to do the same, but it isn't a real chat script.

I'm not a fan of organized religion, and I think of the Bible more as a historical reference, rather than "The Word of God." What's funny is I'm probably one of the few conservatives who take such a view.

Pete :) [That's the generic smiley. Even Network54 has one of those.]

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2018, 02:21:38 PM »
Howdy Pete.  Yes I am the creator of Norby the Bot.  As I mentioned earlier it started out as a good Qb64 reference.  Gives you the Qb64 Command along with the type of command, a short description, as well as the webaddress to the command in the Qb64 wiki.

I took no offense at your comment.  Everyone has theor own views.

As far as bot testing, I found it BEST to have the bot in a separate room for testing and when ready have him join the main room.  Also would be best if the bot inquestion actually has to do with the rooms subject.  In case of #QB64 it should be Qb64 related.

The room I have been using for my Norby testing is #QB64Bot

There has been no complaints and it is good to have a separate room so any problems and joins/leaves are kept out of a room where users are notwanting to see it.

Creating the Bible portion of Norby has been ALOT of fun for me and I haven't finished.  I am also working on an offline version as well.  It is an easy plug-and-play to join the offline to the online.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 04:51:42 AM by odin »

Offline Pete

• Cuz I sez so, varmint!
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2018, 02:45:00 PM »
Hi CH,

> "The room I have been using for my Norby testing is #QB64Bot"

Interesting. I did not know there were multiple rooms available. At my Network54 site, we just have the one chat room. Thanks!

I recall many years ago I wrote a similar chat script like the N54 chat room but I never tried writing a bot for it. I think I wrote the chat script in JavaScript. How about your bot? What code did you in? Like I stated, mine is just a fast thrown together all QB64 screen reader application. It runs on my computer, not in the chat room itself. QB64 statements like _SCREENPRINT and _SCREENCLICK made it easy and possible to create.

Pete :)

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2018, 02:50:41 PM »
Pete: "How about your bot? What code did you in?"

Norby is completely done in QB64.  I have the main program and then I have it Include any additional functions needed.

I mainly did 'ASCII' programming in Screen 0, but lately been working on graphical programs.

Being well versed in usinf Left$, Right$, MID$, etc. is VERY handy in doing programs like bots.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 04:51:32 AM by odin »