Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 02:42, 7 November 2011 by
The SEEK function returns the current byte or record position in a file.
- byte% = SEEK(filenumber%)
- Filenumber is the number of an OPEN file in any mode.
- In RANDOM files SEEK returns the current record position.
- In BINARY or sequencial files SEEK returns the current byte position(first byte = 1).
- Since the first file position is 1 it may require adding one to an offset value when documentation uses that position as 0.
- Devices that do not support SEEK (SCRN, CONS, KBRD, COMn and LPTn) return 0.