Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 08:40, 13 September 2009 by
The SCREEN function returns the ASCII code of a text character or the color attribute at a set location on the screen.
Syntax: code% = SCREEN (row, column [, colorflag])
- Row and column are the text coordinates of the SCREEN mode used.
- Colorflag omitted or with a value of 0 returns the ASCII code of a character at the position designated.
- When Colorflag is greater than 0, the function returns the color attribute used.
- Color values returned may not be correct in some screen modes. Best in SCREEN 0.
Example: Reading the ASCII code of a character, then the color used.
- row = 10
- column = 10
- code% = SCREEN(row, column, 0) ' character code return
- attrib% = SCREEN(row, column, 1) ' character color return