Difference between revisions of "SADD"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
Revision as of 21:44, 18 September 2009
The SADD function returns the address of a STRING variable as an offset from the current data segment.
- Syntax: SADD(stringvariable)
- The argument may be a simple string variable or a single element of a string array. You may not use fixed-length strings.
- Use this function carefully because strings can move in the BASIC string space storage area at any time.
- Adding characters may produce a run-time error. Don't add characters to the ends of parameters.
- SADD cannot be used in Quickbasic 7 except in ABSOLUTE procedures as PDS uses far memory for strings.