The _LOADFONT function returns a font handle for a TrueType font (.TTF).
- handle& = _LOADFONT (ttf_filename$, height[, "BOLD|, ITALIC|, UNDERLINE|, DONTBLEND|, MONOSPACE"])
- font_handle is the handle you want to use to represent the font.
- TTF_filename$ is the filename of the truetype only font. Can include the path to the font file. Windows users should find TTF fonts in the C:\WINDOWS\FONTS folder.
- Height is the height of the font. Font heights can be found using _FONTHEIGHT.
- Style parameter(s), if any are literal(inside of quotes) or variable text parameters. Monospace has limited font selections.
- You can pass different styles with different STRING variables.
Example 1: You need to know that if you are in a text mode (such as SCREEN 0 - the default) then you will only be able to use mono-spaced (fixed width) fonts.
Note: 30 means each row of text (including vertical spacing) will be exactly 30 pixels high. This may make some program screens larger.
Example 2: In a 32-bit graphics mode you can alpha blend onto the background:
- You can load a fixed width font file without using the "monospace" option and it will be treated as variable width. This can be useful because LOCATE treats the horizontal position as an offset in pixels for variable width fonts.
QB64 Font SUBs and Functions:
- SUB _FREEFONT font_handle
- SUB _FONT font_handle[,image_handle]
- FUNC _FONT (function) font_handle = _FONT[(image_handle)]
- SUB _PRINTSTRING (x,y), text_to_print$[,image_handle]
- FUNC _PRINTWIDTH width_in_pixels = _PRINTWIDTH(text_to_print$[,image_handle])
- SUB _PRINTMODE _FILLBACKGROUND/_KEEPBACKGROUND/_ONLYBACKGROUND[,image_handle]
- FUNC _PRINTMODE (function) 1 keepbackground/2 onlybackground/3 fillbackground =_PRINTMODE[(image_handle)]
- FUNC _FONTHEIGHT character_height_in_pixels = _FONTHEIGHT[(font_handle)]
- FUNC _FONTWIDTH character_width_in_pixels = _FONTWIDTH[(font_handle)]