The _LASTAXIS function returns the number of axis a specified number INPUT device on your computer has.
- axis_count% = _LASTAXIS(device_number)
- Returns the number of axis that can be used on a specified device listed by _DEVICE$.
- The number of devices MUST be determined by _DEVICES first, but the specific device name can be found by _DEVICE$.
- The devices are listed in a numerical order determined by the OS and can be read by the DEVICE$ function.
- The _DEVICES function must be read BEFORE using _LASTBUTTON or an "Illegal Function Call" error will occur!
- Devices include keyboard(1), mouse(2), joysticks, game pads and multiple stick game controllers.
Example: Checking for the system's input devices.
devices = _DEVICES 'MUST be read in order for other 2 device functions to work! PRINT "Number of input devices found ="; devices FOR i = 1 TO devices PRINT _DEVICE$(i) PRINT "Axis:"; _LASTAXIS(i) NEXT
Number of input devices found = 2 [KEYBOARD][BUTTON] Axis: 512 [MOUSE][BUTTON][AXIS][WHEEL] Axis: 1
- Note: The STRIG/STICK commands won't read from the keyboard or mouse device the above example lists.