Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 05:46, 4 January 2010 by
The KILL statement deletes a path file name designated by a STRING value or variable.
- Syntax: KILL filespec$
- Filespec can be a literal or variable string path and filename.
- KILL does not ask for verification! Be careful! Don't delete empty files in the root directory or Windows!
- To KILL a file in use, a program MUST CLOSE it first.
- KILL does not ask permission or verify that a file has been deleted.
- If the path or file does not exist, a "File not found" error will result.
Example: KILL "C:\Qbasic\data\2000data.dat"