Jump to navigation Jump to search
The KILL statement deletes a file name designated by a STRING value or variable.
- Syntax: KILL filespec$
- Filespec can be a literal or variable string value.
- The filespec can include an existing path to a different directory.
- KILL does not ask for verification! Be careful! Don't delete empty files in the root directory or Windows!
- To KILL a file it MUST be CLOSEd.
- KILL does not verify that a file has been deleted. If the file did not exist, a "File not found" error will result.
Example: KILL "C:\Qbasic\data\2000data.dat"