Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 13:26, 5 September 2017 by (-)
The _ATAN2 function returns the radian angle between the positive x-axis of a plane and the point given by the coordinates (x, y).
- angle! = _ATAN2(y, x)
- y is the vertical axis position (row) as a positive, zero or negative floating point value.
- x is the horizontal axis position (column) as a positive, zero or negative floating point value.
- The DOUBLE radian angle returned is positive for upper row values where y > 0.
- The DOUBLE radian angle returned is 0 when x > 0 and _PI when x < 0 where y = 0
- The DOUBLE radian angle returned is negative for lower row values where y < 0.
- _ATAN2(0, 0) is undefined and the function returns 0 instead of a division error.