Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 18:57, 9 September 2017 by (style guidelines)
- AS defines the variable or array type AS _BIT, _BYTE, INTEGER, LONG, _INTEGER64, SINGLE, DOUBLE, _FLOAT or STRING.
- Specifies a variable's type in a declarative statement or parameter list using:
- Specifies a parameter variable's type in a SUB or FUNCTION procedure. Cannot be used to define a function's type
- Specifies an element's type in a user-defined data TYPE.
- Assigns a file number to a file or device in an OPEN statement.
- Specifies a field name in a random-access record (see FIELD)
- Specifies a new file name when you rename a file (see NAME)
- NOTE: Many QBasic keywords can be used as variable names if they are created as STRINGs using the suffix $. You cannot use them without the suffix, use a numerical suffix or use DIM, REDIM, _DEFINE, BYVAL or TYPE variable AS statements.