Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 15:56, 14 September 2012 by
The $STATIC Metacommand allows the creation of STATIC(un-changeable) arrays.
- REM $STATIC
- Qbasic Metacommands require a REM or apostrophy (') before them and are normally placed at the start of the main module.
- Static arrays cannot be resized. If a variable is used to size any array, it becomes $DYNAMIC.
- A REDIM statement has no effect on $STATIC arrays except perhaps a duplicate definition error at the REDIM code.
- The array's type cannot be changed once DIM and a literal value sets the dimensions and element size.
- $STATIC defined program arrays cannot be re-sized or use _PRESERVE.
Example: When a variable is used, the array can be resized despite $STATIC. The array becomes $DYNAMIC.
- Note: DIM using a literal numerical size will create a Duplicate definition error.