(Redirected from LOCAL)Jump to navigation Jump to search
The _OPENHOST function opens a Host which listens for new connections and returns a Host status handle.
- hostHandle = _OPENHOST("TCP/IP:8080")
- Creates an Illegal Function Call error if called with a string argument of the wrong syntax.
- The port used in the syntax example is 8080.
- Valid hostHandle values are negative numbers.
- If the syntax is correct but they fail to begin/connect a hostHandle of 0 is returned.
- Always check if the handle returned is 0 (failed) before continuing.
- CLOSE hostHandle closes the host. A failed handle value of 0 does not need to be closed.
- _OPENCONNECTION, _OPENCLIENT
- _CONNECTED, _CONNECTIONADDRESS
- Email Demo, Inter-Program Data Sharing Demo
- Downloading Files